Animal Care Technician
Join our outstanding team! We are always accepting applications for Animal Care Technicians who are passionate about animals and our organization's mission.
We currently have one full-time and one part-time opening for Animal Care Technician.
This position involves daily interaction with homeless animals who are often experiencing the most stressful time in their lives. Our Animal Care Techs are their primary source of the reassurance, love, and interaction they need to make their stay with us as comfortable as possible.
Position will also require:
- Exposure to, and controlled handling of, various species of animals, including:
- Dogs of all sizes, breeds, strengths & energy levels.
- Cats, rabbits, reptiles, and other small and exotic animals.
- Repetitive bending.
- Daily exposure to corrosive cleaning and disinfecting agents (protective wear provided)
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Full-time shift/hours: 40 hours weekly, 8:00 am to 4:30pm, Friday thru Tuesday. Hours may vary, must be flexible.
- Part-time shift/hours: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Saturday-Monday. Hours may vary, must be flexible. Days are firm -- must be available Saturday & Sunday.
Candidates must be:
- Efficient. (produce quality work at a fast pace)
- Compassionate toward people and animals.