The Vanderburgh Humane Society is seeking dependable, hardworking animal lovers who can join our team as Animal Care Technicians. This position involves daily interaction with homeless animals who are often experiencing the most stressful time in their lives. Our Animal Care Techs are their primary source of the reassurance, love, and interaction they need to make their stay with us as comfortable as possible.
- Hands-on animal care & kennel/cage cleaning (including scooping feces and cleaning up other bodily fluids like urine & anal glands)
- Repetitive bending
- Daily exposure to corrosive cleaning and disinfecting agents (protective wear provided)
- Daily time spent outdoors with dogs for up to 2 hours at a time in all weather conditions 365 days a year including excessive heat, cold, snow, and ice
- Exposure to, and controlled handling of, various species of animals including:
- Dogs of all sizes, breeds, strengths, and energy levels
- Other small & exotic animals including (but not limited to) pocket pets, birds, and potbellied pigs
- DEPENDABILITY! If you regularly call in to work, you need not apply.
- Efficiency (produce quality work at a fast pace)
- Candidates must be detail-oriented
- Candidates must be self-motivated
- Compassion toward people and animals
- Age 18+
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Weekend & some holiday availability.
- Competitive Pay (paid biweekly)
- Health/Vision/Dental Benefits on day 1
- Paid Time Off accruing each pay period
- Flexible Hours
- Puppy & kitten kisses included
- 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- 40 hours weekly
- Weekends required; days off will be Mondays & Tuesdays. This is non-negotiable. Holidays worked are chosen based on seniority. (The animals still need food, water, and love, even on Christmas morning!)
- Hours may sometimes vary, must be flexible.
We are encouraging all team members and volunteers to get vaccinated.
*ONLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED FOR AN INTERVIEW. **NO PHONE CALLS.