The Vanderburgh Humane Society seeks a passionate, dynamic, detail-oriented candidate for the position of Digital Marketing Specialist. This role will be multi-functional primarily onsite at our facility and will have the opportunity to make a meaningful, widespread impact on shelter pets, the people who love them, and our community as a whole.
Here at the VHS, just thinking about logging into the Google Ads dashboard makes us nervous. Graphic design? We can throw together a mean Canva post, but that’s the extent of it. And all our internal and external documents look like they were designed by different people! (‘Cause, you know, they were.) That’s why we need YOUR expertise to round out our Advancement team and make big, magical things happen for local animals.
● Managing the design and proofreading of the organization’s entire portfolio of printed materials, both internal and external
● Implementation of VHS brand palette across all materials
● Graphic design of logos, flyers, donor stewardship materials, and web content as needed
● Design of new promotional merchandise
● Monitoring Google Ad Grants and Google Analytics, providing periodic insight reports
● Managing SEO for VHS and River Kitty Cat Cafe websites
● Extract and decipher social media analytics for Advancement Team
● Minimum 2-year degree in graphic design or digital marketing (degree in progress is acceptable with at least 1 year complete)
● Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and Canva
● Nonprofit social media experience preferred
● 1 year experience in Google Ads and Google Analytics preferred
● Efficiency (produce quality work at a fast pace)
● Candidates must be detail-oriented and self-motivated
● Compassion toward people and animals
● Shared office space
● Exposure to, and controlled handling of, various species of animals including dogs of all sizes, breeds, strengths, and energy levels; cats; rabbits; reptiles, and other small & exotic animals including (but not limited to) pocket pets, birds, and potbellied pigs
Schedule: Full-time day shift, Tuesday-Saturday
Location: Primarily onsite with remote flex option available
Pay: Begins at $12/hour
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and at least 3 samples of graphic design work (including logos and documents) to Amanda Coburn, Director of Advancement at [email protected] Position will be open until filled.