Work at the VHS!
Jun 04, 2021
Join our team! The Vanderburgh Humane Society currently has openings for:
FULL-TIME ANIMAL CARE TECHNICIAN (1)
- Repetitive bending, scrubbing, daily exposure to cleaning and disinfecting agents (PPE provided)
- Daily laundry & dishes with use of chemicals & detergent such as bleach and Rescue disinfectant
- Exposure to, and controlled handling of, various species of animals including:
- dogs of all sizes, breeds, strengths, temperaments, and energy levels (mostly large dogs)
- cats of all temperaments
- rabbits & rodents
- occasional pigs & waterfowl
- occasional small exotics & reptiles
- Must be able to cope mentally and emotionally with occasional death and euthanasia
- Must be dependable! The animals depend on our team to show up and care for them each day. If you have a history of regularly calling in to work, please do not waste time applying.
- Must be efficient and produce fast work at a quality pace
- Must be detail-oriented and able to read signs with words & photos
- Must be compassionate toward people and animals
- Must be self-sufficient and able to work independently or as part of a team
- Must communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Caring for dogs indoors and outdoors in all types of weather year-round
- Assisting with laundry and dishes daily
- 20,000 square foot building and adjacent grounds
- Break area with microwave, refrigerators, and covered & uncovered outdoor seating areas
- Supportive and rewarding environment, know that your work makes a difference
- Age 18+
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- Valid email address and mobile device that can utilize employment-related apps such as Slack and Humanity
- 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, 5 days, 40 hours weekly
- Hours may sometimes vary. Must be flexible.
- Some holiday half-days will be required. The animals need care, even on Christmas morning!