Job Openings at the VHS!
Aug 10, 2017
Join our team! The Vanderburgh Humane Society has part-time openings for:
ANIMAL CARE TECHNICIAN
Full Time (40 hours weekly)
8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Friday thru Tuesday
Hours may vary; must be flexible
- Hands on animal care & kennel/cage cleaning
- Repetitive bending
- Daily exposure to corrosive cleaning and disinfecting agents (protective wear provided)
- Exposure to, and controlled handling of, various species of animals including:
- Dogs of all sizes, breeds, strengths, and energy levels
- Other small & exotic animals including (but not limited to) pocket pets, birds, and potbellied pigs
- Efficiency (produce quality work at a fast pace)
- Candidates must be detail-oriented
- Candidates must be self-motivated
- A passion to help animals
- Compassion toward people and animals
- Valid driver's license
- Age 18+
- High school diploma or GED
- Weekend & some holiday availability
*ONLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED FOR AN INTERVIEW.
For this position, please apply in person Tuesday-Saturday from 9 am - 6 pm. Employment application is attached below and can be printed & filled out in advance. No phone calls please.
Job descriptions available in PDF form here!