Nov 30, 2018
More than 300 "misfit" pets at the Vanderburgh Humane Society are wishing for a new home for Christmas. On December 14th-15th, all adoption fees will be 50% OFF to help make that happen! Adoption hours are 12-6 both days. Fees include the animal's spay or neuter, registered microchip, age-appropriate vaccines & testing, parasite treatment, and a starter bag of food PLUS a free gift for this event only!
Fees for this event will be:
Adult cats - $20
Declawed cats - $30
Kittens under 6 months - $30
Adult large dogs - $55
Adult small dogs - $65
Puppies (if available) - $65
Rabbits - $20
If your family has been considering a new companion this holiday season, we invite you to meet our animals and see if the one you're meant for is here waiting for you at the VHS! Browse adoptable animals in advance here!
As always, the VHS loses money on every single adoption even with regular fees. Events like this are only made possible through monetary donations. Click here to help us offset costs and make a contribution toward our animals' care.
- We expect a significant crowd at this event, so please plan accordingly in case of a longer wait time. Additional staff and volunteers will be on hand to assist families.
- Cash, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover are accepted for adoption fees. NO personal checks.
- Dogs and kittens will be adopted quickly. Those interested in dogs or kittens are encouraged to arrive as close to 12:00 Friday as possible.
- Please note that animals who are not yet spayed or neutered *CANNOT* go home until surgery has been completed. (We will be fixing as many animals as we can prior to the event but there still may be some newer animals who don't get fixed in time.) Those animals who have not been fixed will only need to stay a few extra days to have surgery, which is included in the adoption fee, and the goal is to have everyone home by Christmas Eve.
- All adopters must be at least 18+ with valid photo ID and permission from homeowner/landlord. Please bring vaccination records for any current dogs & cats in the home. Those adopting dogs will need to bring any current dogs for a meet & greet at some point during the adoption process. Animals will only be sent home with approved applicants.
- If you are wanting a specific animal, DO NOT WAIT until the event. We will not hold animals for anyone for any reason. Adopt it prior to the 14th and pay the full adoption fee to ensure that you get the one you want.
VHS eNews Sign Up Today